Can you do post a how to style a petite size 6 figure with short legs and broad shoulders please? In particular how to overcome the short leg problem! And, what ankle boots would you recommend to elongate short legs! Ta! x
T-Styled Me Answered:
Among friends, I’m notorious for proposing hypothetical situations and one for the girls is always ‘If you could have plastic surgery on one part of your body, what would it be?’ You’d be surprised how often the answer is ‘Umm… Can I get my legs done so they’re longer?!’ Unfortunately leg extensions aren’t common like lipo/botox and there’s a much more simple way to create the illusion of being taller. A styling session on the inverted triangle body shape (broad shoulder and slim hips and bottom half) is still on my to do list but here are my top tips on how to balance out that inverted triangle shape for a petite figure and how to best elongate your pins:
To balance out broad shoulders …
- Lean towards dresses and skirts which are full or have an A-line shape. This will create a fuller bottom half to balance out your shoulders. Add a belt to create an illusion of an hourglass shape.
- As you’re petite, the skirts and dresses should end at least above your knee. Simple advice but you’d be surprised at what a difference this makes!
- For Trousers, try a boot-cut denim or wide leg trouser pant that is dark in colour (visually this will create length).
- Stay away from strappy heels that can cut off at at your legs or at least pair them with a shorter than usual hemline.
- Nude heels are really great way of visually elongating your legs.
- Any ankle boots which have a stacked heel will instantly make you look taller.
- Keep the ankle boots the same colour as your jeans help elongate your legs.
These are my favourite stacked heel boots which I would recommend to help elongate your legs:
I have these (in black) and not only are they comfortable but they go with everything!
I hope this short post helped!